You are hereHome
For more information contact Debbie Mills, Tax Collector at 519-923-2110 ext. 227.
Zone 1 will be picked up on Tuesday October 14
Zone 2 will be picked up on Wednesday October 15
Zone 3 will be picked up on Thursday October 16
Zone 4 will be picked up on Friday October 17.
Voting day is October 27, 2014 from 10:00 am until 8:00 pm.
Voter notification cards will not be sent out this year as there has been no change to the voting location boundaries. Simply bring a piece of identification with your name and qualifying address on it to receive your ballot.
Voting Locations are at the:
- Egremont Optimist Building - for all former Egremont Township electors
- Hopeville Administrative Office - for all former Proton Township electors except Concession 1, 2, 3, 4 SWTSR (old Proton survey)
- Frank Macintyre Building - for all former Village of Dundalk electors plus all electors on Concession 1, 2, 3, 4 SWTSR (old Proton survey)
- October 11 from 10 am until 2 pm in the Dundalk Library Mill Room
- October 18 from 10 am until 2 pm at the Holstein General Store
The volunteers at the North Perth - North Wellington Branch of the
Canadian Diabetes Association recognize November as National Diabetes
We would like to inform you that in November our volunteer canvassers
will be engaged in a door-to-door residential campaign throughout the
Some of our volunteers are eager to canvass and will be heading out to
their neighbours' homes and businesses after Thanksgiving.
George Van Ankum
If you have any questions please contact Jim Ellis at 519-923-2110 ext 224.
(Chatsworth, ON) - Grey County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is reminding residents that they can file low priority incidents online via an internet reporting system.
Citizen Self Reporting was launched by the OPP on July 7, 2014 to improve efficiencies and expand service delivery to the public.
Using the Citizen Self Reporting System, low priority incidents can be reported online, at your convenience, without attending a detachment or waiting to see an officer. However, should you require immediate police assistance, call 911.
Some frequently asked questions:
- How do I use the system? To access the system, go to www.opp.ca/reporting
- What types of crimes can I report? Thefts under $5,000, Damage to Property under $5,000, Thefts from vehicles, Lost or Missing Property. Only occurrences that do not involve an injury, suspect or evidence are applicable.
- What if I want to see an officer? You may still contact the OPP by phone to make your report and have an officer attend. The 24 hour OPP toll-free number is 1-888-310-1122.
- How secure is my information that I submit online? All information submitted via the Citizen Self Reporting System is confidential and secure from hacking and other forms of electronic intrusion.
For more information on Citizen Self Reporting, you can check online at: http://www.opp.ca/reporting.
- 30 -
Media Relations/Community Services Officer
Grey County OPP
- October 1-31, 2014 has been proclaimed Lupus Awareness month in the Township of Southgate. This is a month to increase awareness in communities of the debilitating impact of lupus. For more information on Lupus and what you can do to help, please visit www.lupuscanada.org.
- October 20-26, 2014 has been proclaimed Waste Reduction Week in the Township of Southgate. Check out the Environmental Services page of our website for ways you can reduce waste in your home.
- Council discussed the next steps for the Olde Town Hall building. It was agreed that any further recommendations regarding the building should be left in the hands of the new Council to be elected.
- The zoning for a new Mennonite School in Southgate has been passed. The proposed school will be located on Southgate Sideroad 41 in the former Township of Egremont.
- Southgate has received the first of seven expected payments from Skyway 8 Wind Farm to be received over the next 6 years. These funds will be placed in a Community Enhancement Reserve.
- Council approved a full step movement for the CAO after successful completion of the performance appraisal process as recommended by Ward and Uptigrove.
o Council – October 1
o Council – October 15 (CANCELLED)
o PSB – October 21
o Committee of Adjustment & Council – October 22
- Local Government
- Mayor's Message
- Council Members
- Clerk's Department
- Agendas & Minutes
- By-laws & Policies
- Contact Us
- History & Heritage
- Media Release List
- Tourism & Recreation
- Electronic Sign Message Request Form
- Rental Facilities
- Dundalk Community Centre & Arena
- Dundalk Pool
- Highpoint Campground
- Recreation Updates
- Recreation Contacts
- Recreation Calendar
- Recreation Master Plan
- Horse & Buggy Trail
- Good Food Box
- Municipal Services
- Planning & Land Use
- Emergency Services
- Transportation & Public Safety
- Environmental Services
- Water / Wastewater
- Canine Control
- Marriage Licensing
- Lottery Licensing
- Energy Conservation
- New Resident
- Economic Development
- Current Opportunities
- News Documents
- Permits Forms & Applications
- External Links
- Samsung Solar Project Comment Form