You are hereHome
- October 1-31, 2014 has been proclaimed Lupus Awareness month in the Township of Southgate. This is a month to increase awareness in communities of the debilitating impact of lupus. For more information on Lupus and what you can do to help, please visit www.lupuscanada.org.
- October 20-26, 2014 has been proclaimed Waste Reduction Week in the Township of Southgate. Check out the Environmental Services page of our website for ways you can reduce waste in your home.
- Council discussed the next steps for the Olde Town Hall building. It was agreed that any further recommendations regarding the building should be left in the hands of the new Council to be elected.
- The zoning for a new Mennonite School in Southgate has been passed. The proposed school will be located on Southgate Sideroad 41 in the former Township of Egremont.
- Southgate has received the first of seven expected payments from Skyway 8 Wind Farm to be received over the next 6 years. These funds will be placed in a Community Enhancement Reserve.
- Council approved a full step movement for the CAO after successful completion of the performance appraisal process as recommended by Ward and Uptigrove.
o Council – October 1
o Council – October 15 (CANCELLED)
o PSB – October 21
o Committee of Adjustment & Council – October 22
The elections page now gives you information on:
- All Candidate's Meetings
- Who can Vote
- When to Vote
- What Identification You Need to Vote
Please click here or on this logo on the main page to view the updated elections page.
Tuesday September 23, 2014
Highpoint Community School, Dundalk
Thursday October 2, 2014
Egremont Optimist Hall, Main Street, Holstein
Concerned Citizens of Southgate will be hosting the third All Candidates' Meeting for the 2014 Municipal Election.
Thursday October 9, 2014
Swinton Park Community Centre
Lystek’s invitational Open House event at the Southgate Organic Materials Recover Centre (OMRC) attracted over 130 people on Wednesday, September 17. The event was held in celebration of the surpassing of Lystek’s first full year of operations of the centre and, according to those in attendance, it was a huge success.
Please click here to view the entire media release.
For the full description of the RFP, please visit the Current Opportunities section of our website.
(GREY COUNTY, ON) – Driver distraction was a factor in two of the four fatal motor vehicle collisions the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) investigated over the Labour Day Long Weekend, pushing the number of 2014 distraction-related roads deaths up to 39 (in OPP jurisdiction)
The OPP would like to thank the many Ontario residents and visitors who did their part to ensure that they and their families made it through a safe long weekend on roads, waterways and trails.
As of the end of the Labour Day Weekend, the OPP has laid more than 11,500 Highway Traffic Act 78.1 Prohibit Hand-held Devices charges in Ontario so far this year.
Locally, the Grey County OPP investigated 12 collisions over the holiday weekend with injuries reported at 2 of the scenes. Officers laid 69 charges during the weekend. Fifty drivers were charged with speeding, 1 for racing, 7 for no seatbelt, 10 for distracted driving and 1 impaired driving charge.
In addition, members of the West Region OPP traffic unit laid 40 charges on August 29, 2014 in Grey County. Thirty two for distracted driving, 5 for speeding and 3 for no seatbelt.
“There are still too many drivers that think its ok to use their cell phone while they drive. Distracted driving kills. There is no message so important that it’s worth risking a life for. The Grey County OPP officers will continue to identify and stop this dangerous act” – Inspector Mike Guilfoyle, Detachment Commander, Grey County OPP.
For more information on nominations or any other inquires, please click here.
Grey County is undertaking a strategic planning process to help identify areas for economic growth and diversification across the County for the next 5-10 years. The strategic plan process will involve extensive community consultation and will culminate in the development of a detailed action plan that will be executed by county staff over the next three years.
Please click here to view the full media release.
- Local Government
- Mayor's Message
- Council Members
- Clerk's Department
- Agendas & Minutes
- By-laws & Policies
- Contact Us
- History & Heritage
- Media Release List
- Tourism & Recreation
- Electronic Sign Message Request Form
- Rental Facilities
- Dundalk Community Centre & Arena
- Dundalk Pool
- Highpoint Campground
- Recreation Updates
- Recreation Contacts
- Recreation Calendar
- Recreation Master Plan
- Horse & Buggy Trail
- Good Food Box
- Municipal Services
- Planning & Land Use
- Emergency Services
- Transportation & Public Safety
- Environmental Services
- Water / Wastewater
- Canine Control
- Marriage Licensing
- Lottery Licensing
- Energy Conservation
- New Resident
- Economic Development
- Current Opportunities
- News Documents
- Permits Forms & Applications
- External Links
- Samsung Solar Project Comment Form